Make an Impact. At APS, we share our customers’ passion for animals and their mission to feed the World. It’s more than a job – it’s building a legacy and a way of life to support the future.
To see position details please select the position below that you are interested in.
Project Manager (MO/KS/NE) area
Location: Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska region.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the management of projects (new & remodel), quoting of projects, and management of sub-contractors for Ag Property Solutions, LLC.
Objectives: Serve with commitment to deliver solutions valued by the customer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages new & remodel projects for Ag Property Solutions.
- Assists Account Managers with gathering information on projects necessary to properly define scope, assemble material lists, and assist with final quote or estimate as requested and to be approved by the Customer.
- Assists in selection of sub-contractors for projects.
- Ensures that the sub-contractors have signed off on clear specifications of the project, including but not limited to: insurance needs, required contracts (vendors, sub-contractors, & customer), etc.
- Supervises jobsite superintendents & sub-contractors and coordinates their efforts.
- Ensures that all sub-contractors and APS employees adhere to all safety protocols set for by OSHA, APS insurance company, and APS Management.
- Ensures that the project timeline is developed for the project and the sub-contractors & vendors adhere to that timeline.
- Maintains project communication between purchasing/vendors, sub-contractors, Account Manager, and
- General Manager as to general project status, job/file requirements, change orders, and obstacles requiring solutions.
- Works with internal & external staff to address, document, and resolve deviations from the project plan.
- Manages changes to defined project scope and provides information for approval of and proper invoicing to Customer by Account Manager.
- Measures & evaluates project progress against the project plan (actual vs. budget, timeline, changes/additions/deletions).
- Approves the completion of a project documented by a quality control review (checklist), final billing, and final project reporting (profitability).
- Manages & administers personnel-related functions such as performance reviews, attendance reporting, vacation/sick leave, disciplinary actions, etc. for direct reports
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular, consistent attendance is essential to the function of this position.
- Ability to work remotely in a responsible manner using appropriate and timely methods of communication (i.e. direct call, voice-mail, email, BarnVista, or presence).
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to company policies, procedures, and values.
- Supports development & recruitment of approved sub-contractors and vendors.
- Supports development of sub-contractor agreements.
- Involvement at trade shows and training seminars as requested.
- Adhering to OSHA compliance.
- DOT compliance reporting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a team of sub-contractors and/or jobsite superintendents.
- Coordination of sub-contractors & vendors on projects.
- Works well in a team environment and comfortable with groups of people.
- Ability to schedule, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Detailed and organized.
- Must display a professional image through verbal communication and actions.
Work can be performed various locations, including customers’ animal and non-animal ag properties. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours. Hours average 50-55 hours per week. There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects and other requirements. Travel will be required, 4 days a week is likely the norm.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing 3-50 pounds
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, stooping, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of one or both hands/arms to grasp, push, and/or pull.
Equipment/Instruments Used: Phone, tablet, computer, & fax machines.
Experience: 5+ years of construction project management experience on projects with a value over $2 million preferred.
Trainings: PQA+, Safety Trainings, OSHA Trainings, Group Trainings.
A qualifying insurable driver’s license must be maintained as a company vehicle may be available for work purposes. Must be approved through Ag Property Solutions driving process and have supervisor’s permission to use the company vehicle
Email Resume: email@example.com
3826 460th Avenue
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
Parts Sales: 855.345.6333 x 102
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Store Hours: M-F 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00 am - 11:00 am